This mediterranean pasta recipe is a staple in our house! It is a perfect summer meal paired well with grilled chicken, fish, and shrimp or eaten alone. We are lucky to have an amazing organic gardener in our family, my dad. He has a large garden in their back yard and we go over every few days to stock up on produce for the week. His cherry tomato plants aren’t doing too well this year, so I suspect I’ll need to buy them next time I make this dish. If possible, get the multicolored cherry tomatoes, it makes for a prettier dish!
Place your beautiful cherry tomatoes into a 9×13 oven safe dish with thinly sliced garlic and drizzle in olive oil. Salt and pepper liberally, then stir to make sure tomatoes are evenly coated.
Bake in the oven at 450 degrees until tomatoes begin to burst, approximately 11 minutes. Remove and add feta, then place back in the oven for a few more minutes until cheese has warmed. Pull out of the oven and add drained noodles and toss, then top with chopped basil.
- 1 lb Bucatini noodles (spaghetti noodles with a hole in the center)
- 1 pint of multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 4-6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 container of crumbled Feta
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ t kosher salt
- ¼ t fresh ground pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 450
- 2. In a 9×13 glass dish, add thinly sliced garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir to lightly coat tomatoes with olive oil.
- 3. Place in oven for approx. 11 minutes or until tomatoes begin to burst.
- 4. Bring large stock pot to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente
- 5. Pull out of the oven and top with Feta cheese and place back in oven for 3-4 minutes.
- 6. Drain pasta, then pour the hot pasta into the 9×13 or another large decorative serving dish and toss.
- 7. Top with basil leaves, torn or whole.
- Optional: After the tomatoes have started to burst, add a few defrosted and cleaned shrimp right on top of the tomatoes. Then top with the Feta cheese and cook until shrimp have turned pink (just a few minutes). Then toss with pasta and enjoy!