online Seroquel buy Phil and I order Huevos Rancheros at nearly every breakfast or brunch opportunity. We love experiencing the different versions and interpretations of this brunch staple. We’ve seen soft corn tortillas, crispy corn tortillas, black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice, no rice, etc. That’s the beauty of making this dish at home: add whatever you like! This take on Huevos Rancheros Casserole makes a great breakfast, lunch or dinner … and it’s super easy.
We use small corn tortillas and lightly toast them in skillet or on an open gas burner. I toast them for about 30 seconds per side or until the edges start to brown. This just gives them a little better texture in the casserole. Count on about two tortillas (if using the smaller tortillas) and two eggs per person. Last time I made this for brunch, I didn’t have any black beans, so I used refried beans and it was just as delicious! I placed the corn tortillas in the bottom of a baking dish and spread the refried beans on each of them, slightly overlapping them. I then topped with drained salsa (so it didn’t make the tortillas soggy) and sharp cheddar. Pop it in a 350 degree oven to melt while frying the eggs. We cook our eggs over easy so the runny yolk flavors the entire dish. Once the cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked, place the eggs on top of the tortillas then top with chopped cilantro and avocado.
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 8 large eggs
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained) or refried beans
- 1 cup sharp cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Optional: diced tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Lightly toast the tortillas in a skillet or on a gas burner. Place the tortillas directly on the burner and turn with tongs once they begin to brown (around 30 seconds per side).
- 3. Place on the bottom on a 9x13 oven safe baking dish, slightly overlapping the tortillas.
- 4. Top with rinsed and drained black beans or spread the refried beans on each tortillas.
- 5. Top with salsa (drain off as much juice as possible) and cheddar cheese.
- 6. Place in oven and fry eggs in skillet until cooked to over easy or preference.
- 7. Once the cheese is melted, place the eggs on the tortillas and top with avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, green onions, etc.