buy generic inderal online Why is it we are always rushing out the door in the mornings? Is it because we are trying to make ourselves presentable, dress and feed little humans and try not to forget backpacks/homework/lunch? No wonder breakfast for ourselves is one of the last things we think about! I make Noah’s breakfast and have him eating while I am packing up the car, making coffee, etc. By that point, I usually haven’t even thought about eating myself. This is why we prefer grab and go breakfast items that we can eat in the car. This is especially important for Phil since he leaves the house very early and has a 45 minute commute. If I have time, I make a smoothie, but that takes 5 minutes that I just don’t have some mornings. We also take overnight oats at least once a week, but these sandwiches keep me full a little longer!
We love breakfast sandwiches and do enjoy an occasional Egg McMuffin from McDonalds. It is the only thing we eat from there (besides the ice cream), but now we make our own. These sandwiches are super easy and you can make them the night before in just 10 minutes. The best part is they are very filling and only 300 calories with around 16 grams of protein. Here is the breakdown: English Muffin 130 cal, egg 70 cal, 1 piece of thin sliced cheddar 34 cal, 1 piece canadian bacon 35 cal. I scramble the egg in a cereal bowl in the microwave so it’s around the same diameter as the English muffin.
The egg cooks in just 1 minute, then I assemble the egg, cheese, canadian bacon on the English muffin. I then wrap each sandwich in parchment paper so it can be microwaved prior to eating for 30 seconds.
This way we can take it in the car or to work for lunch. It is also great to send with the kids to eat at the bus stop. In just 10 minutes, your can mornings just a little less crazy (maybe)!
- 4 English Muffins
- 4 large eggs
- 4 T milk
- 4 slices of thin sliced cheese
- 4 pieces of Canadian bacon
- salt and pepper
- 1. In a small microwavable bowl, whisk one egg, 1 T milk, salt and pepper. Microwave for 1 minute.
- 2. Cut 4 English Muffins in half and place a piece of cheese and Canadian Bacon on each half.
- 3. Continue cooking remaining 3 eggs in the microwave and finish assembling sandwiches.
- 4. Wrap each sandwich in parchment paper so it can easily be heated in the microwave for 30 seconds in the morning. It is even better if you have a few extra minutes to toast in a toaster oven!