where to buy amoxil online Our 4 year old LOVES muffins! I’m constantly trying to come up with new recipes and ways to make them healthy. Like most growing boys, he’s always hungry so these are great to have on hand for an after school snack or to eat with yogurt for breakfast. So this week, as I watched two bananas get riper and riper on the counter, I decided to try a Greek yogurt banana muffin recipe. The Greek yogurt makes these muffins extra moist and adds some protein for my busy boy. These turned out great and he has already asked me to make them again next week!
This is a quick and easy recipe, I was able to mix them together while dinner was in the oven. This recipe made 21 medium sized muffins in standard muffin tins. Next time I make them, I’m going to sub the butter for applesauce and see if we can get a similar consistency with less fat. I added the mini chocolate chips since my son LOVES chocolate and I must admit, these are pretty tasty!
- 2 ¼ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- 4 T butter, softened (or 2 T butter and 2T unsweetened applesauce)
- ¼ c + 2 T Truvia Baking Blend (or ¾ cup sugar)
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 2 large bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ t vanilla
- ¾ c mini chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- 3. In a larger bowl, cream butter, applesauce, and sugars. Add mashed bananas, greek yogurt, eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 4. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or use liners.
- 5. Fill each muffin cup halfway to the top.
- 6. Bake for 15-20 minutes.