We love all types of salsa and enjoy trying out new versions to eat all Summer long. This was inspired by my mother-in-law as she made this one summer and we’ve continued making it since then. The great thing about any salsa is you can tailor it to your tastes by adding more jalapeno, chili powder, etc. The citrus and cilantro combination can be served as an appetizer with chips or can be the finishing touch to grilled fish.
This zesty mango salsa is a favorite in our house that’s versatile for weekday snacking or weekend entertaining. Whenever mangos go on sale, this dish is a must.
- Two large mangos, peeled and diced (pick two that are soft to the touch)
- 1/2 large seeded jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2t ground cumin
- 1/4t chili powder
- freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in large bowl and gently stir to fully incorporate flavors. Can be served with tortilla chips or as a relish for lighter proteins like fish or chicken.